• The hard-throwing lefthander has a tough decision to make soon: play in college (Arizona) or on the pro level (Twins). He was selected by the hometown squad in the 16th round of this year’s draft. Malinowski had a 7-2 record with 103 strikeouts and 12 walks while posting a 0.49 ERA in 572/3 innings during his final prep season.
• If you want to take a good look at the state’s future, go watch this poised youngster. Shore has exceptional control, finishing the year with 57 strikeouts while walking only five. He went 5-2 on the hill, one setback being 1-0 to Malinowski, with one save. The young phenom, who also plays shortstop and first base, also hit .397.
• Youngdahl is a gifted player, whether it be on the hill, in the outfield or at the plate. The lefthander was 7-0 on the mound with a 0.49 ERA before losing to Roseville in section play. He also batted .450 with five home runs and 24 RBI. The state’s Gatorade Player of the Year is headed to Kansas State.
Ryan Busch | Roseville | Senior | SS
• Busch was coming off an outstanding junior season and still elevated his game in 2011. The metro’s top teams and pitchers seemed to bring out the best in the Raider. Busch, who is headed for Georgetown, hit four home runs as a junior and doubled that output in his final year.
Max Murphy | Robbinsdale Cooper | Senior | OF
• Murphy has developed into one of the fastest and most powerful hitters in the state. The fleet-footed center fielder belted 10 home runs while also hitting for average (.585). The Bradley recruit is a big reason Cooper won its second consecutive North Suburban Conference championship.
• David Koll, Stillwater, senior
• Lucas Long, Holy Angels, senior
• Ben Meyer, Totino-Grace, senior
• Tyler Ruemmele, Eden Prairie, senior
• Alex Twenge, Minnetonka, senior
• Joe Zorn, Stillwater, senior
• Aaron Gretz, Apple Valley, senior
• Jackson Goihl, Armstrong, senior, 1B
• Derrick Keller, St. Louis Park, senior, SS
• Nicho Roessler, St. Anthony, senior, 1B
• Tony Skjefte, Eden Prairie, senior, SS
• Karl Sorensen, Maple Grove, senior, 3B
• Sam Alt, Centennial, senior