• MINNETONKA 6, WAYZATA 5: The Skippers rallied to score two run in the bottom of the seventh inning to snatch a come-back victory from Wayzata. The Trojans had taken the lead with two runs in the top of the seventh inning off of Minnetonka closer Neil Kos, who entered the game having not given up an earned run all season. Minnetonka bounced right back, tying the game when Andrew Weber tripled in David Bolan from second base and winning when Weber scored two batters later on a fielders’ choice ground ball off of the bat of Tommy Shutt.
• EAST RIDGE 9, WHITE BEAR LAKE 3: The Raptors have bounced back strong from a three-game losing streak by winning three games in a row. David Lang went 2-for-3 with a double and two rBI and Grady Rolando pitched the first six innings to pick up the victory.
• FOREST LAKE 3, STILLWATER 0: The Rangers got a complete game shutout from junior pitcher Matt Jellum to move into a three-way tie atop the Suburban East conference standings with Stillwater and East Ridge and avenge an earlier loss to the Ponies. Jellum struck out nine while giving up just two hits. Matt Schmidt and Beau Fandel each went 2-for-3 to lead the Rangers.
APPLE VALLEY WOOD BAT TOURNEY
• BROOKINGS (S.D.) 4, BENILDE-ST. MARGARET’S 1: The Red Knights collected seven hits and four walks but manged to push just one run across in a first round loss. Brookings pitcher Hunter Mouw pitched a complete game to pick up the victory, working out of jams in the sixth and seventh innings. Patrick Daly singled twice and scored Benilde’s only run.
• APPLE VALLEY 12, BRECK 5: Mike Quinn drove in four runs and Tate Erickson chipped in with two RBI as the host Eagles jumped out ao 1 7-2 lead after three innings and coasted to victory. Garrett Ganskie pitched the first four innings for the victory.