• EAST RIDGE 9, CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 5: The Raptors haven’t wasted any time in joining the elite. In only its second year of existence, unbeaten East Ridge (6-0) knocked off perennial state power Cretin-Derham Hall on Monday in a Suburban East Conference matchup. Mitch Luebbe and Andy Sammon each had two hits and two RBI for the Raptors in the win over the Class 3A, No. 4 Raiders. Lubbe also was the winning pitcher, working the first six innings and only allowing two runs.
• EASTVIEW 5, BURNSVILLE 4: Junior Scott Nelson scored on a bases-loaded wild pitch with one out in the bottom of the eighth inning, giving the Class 3A, No. 6 Lightning a victory over the No. 2 Blaze in the South Suburban. Senior Alec Knop set the stage for the winning run with a double after Nelson reached first. An intentional walk loaded the bases. Knop earlier hit a two-run home run and went 3-for-4 at the plate. He also pitched 4 2-3 innings, allowing just one run while striking out six.
• CENTENNIAL 1, COON RAPIDS 0: Arizona recruit Austin Malinowski threw a three-hit shutout while striking out 13 as the Class 3A, No. 8 Cougars beat the Cardinals in the Northwest Suburban. Malinowski only walked one. Coon Rapids losing pitcher Logan Shore only allowed five hits while striking out eight in going the distance. The lone run scored on a passed ball.
• CHANHASSEN 1, HOLY ANGELS 0: Pitcher Trevor Patterson threw a shutout and drove in the only run with a two-out single in the bottom of the sixth as the Storm beat the Stars in the Missota.
• HOPKINS 6, MINNEAPOLIS SOUTH 0: Senior Jack Hamilton threw a two-hit shutout as the Royals blanked the Tigers in a nonconference matchup. Senior Kyle Dalton paced the Hopkins offense, going 3-for-4 with three doubles and two RBI.
• MAPLE GROVE 9, OSSEO 4: The Crimson took the Orioles deep with their Northwest Suburban game on the line. With the score tied 4-4 in the top of the fifth, senior Alex Naasz belted a three-run homer and while senior Karl Sorensen added a two-run shot later in the frame.
• MOUND-WESTONKA 3, GLENCOE-SILVER LAKE 0: Senior left-hander Pat Regan threw a complete-game shutout, allowing just two hits while striking out 10 as the White Hawks topped the Panthers in the Wright County.
• ST. CROIX LUTHERAN 8, ST. AGNES 4: Senior Tyler Matthias had three hits and junior Matt Olson went 2-for-4 with two RBI and earned the win on the mound as the Crusaders handed the Aggies their first loss off the season.
• SOUTH ST. PAUL 5, HENRY SIBLEY 0: Junior Ryan Boelter was outstanding on the mound, pitching six shutout innings and allowing just two hits while striking out 12 as the Packers beat Warriors in the Classic Suburban.
Tag(s): Hub Exclusive Star Tribune Metro East Lake Minneapolis City Missota Northwest Suburban Suburban East Tri-Metro Wright County South Suburban Henry Sibley South St. Paul Hopkins St. Croix Lutheran St. Agnes Eastview Burnsville Minneapolis South Chanhassen Holy Angels Cretin-Derham Hall East Ridge Coon Rapids Glencoe-Silver Lake Mound Westonka Osseo Maple Grove Centennial