• RICHFIELD 6, NORTH ST. PAUL 5: Andy Peterson does his best work at the end of the game. The sophomore delivered a walk-off single in the bottom of the seventh, giving the Spartans a victory over the Polars on Thursday in the Classic Suburban. He also earned the win on the mound in relief.
• ANDOVER 3, OSSEO 2: With the bases loaded in the bottom of the eighth inning, junior Patrick O’Donnell lined a hit into the left-center field gap, giving the Huskies the Northwest Suburban win over the Orioles.
• CENTENNIAL 3, BLAINE 1: Senior Josh Matheson mixed in a fastball, change up and curve to keep the Blaine hitters off balance all afternoon in the Cougars’ victory in Northwest Suburban play. Matheson struck out 15 batters in just six innings.
• EDINA 5, APPLE VALLEY 4: Edina senior Grant Welsh tossed a complete game as the Hornets defeated Apple Valley 5-4. Welsh scattered nine hits over seven innings while recording Edina’s second win of the season. Apple Valley senior Kris Goodman had two hits and walk for the Eagles. Junior Nick Leer led Edina’s offense with three hits and three RBIs.
• COOPER 11, BENILDE-ST. MARGARET’S 1: Senior outfielder Max Murphy hit two home runs, leading the Hawks past the Red Knights for their third consecutive victory. Cooper put the game out of reach with six runs in the top of the seventh inning.
• EAGAN 1, WAYZATA 0: Senior Brady Loew had the Wildcats’ only hit, a run-scoring single in the bottom of the sixth inning to beat the Trojans. Winning pitcher sophomore Kevin Kunik threw a complete game, two hitter with seven strikeouts.
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 5, ROSEMOUNT 2: Senior Tyler Brekke threw a complete game and went 3-for-3 with two RBI at the plate, lifting the Panthers over the Irish in the South Suburban.
• ST. PAUL COMO PARK 6, ST. CROIX LUTHERAN 0: Junior Brandon Langer threw a complete-game shutout, allowing just two hits and striking out six in the win for the Cougars.
• TOTINO-GRACE 3, FRIDLEY 0: Ben Meyer only allowed two hits through six innings of work as the Eagles shut out the Tigers in the North Suburban. The senior struck out 12.
Tag(s): Hub Exclusive Star Tribune Metro East Lake North Suburban Northwest Suburban St. Paul City Tri-Metro South Suburban Richfield North St. Paul Wayzata St. Croix Lutheran Eagan Lakeville North Rosemount Benilde-St. Margaret's Robbinsdale Cooper Totino-Grace Fridley St. Paul Como Park Blaine Osseo Centennial Andover